Last Updated: 4/10/2023
All other terms not defined herein will have the meanings set forth in the Comfort Covenant Home Care Terms of Service.
PLEASE NOTE: Comfort Covenant Home Care, LLC IS NOT A MEDICAL PROVIDER.
- PURPOSE AND SCOPE
- COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
When you visit our Website, Comfort Covenant Home Care receives and may collect certain types of information depending on the nature of the relationship you have with us and the requirements of applicable law. Comfort Covenant Home Care may collect Information regarding its Website Users (collectively “Individuals”). For example, we may collect information when you register for a Comfort Covenant Home Care account, request Services, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect from you include:
- Personal Information: We may ask to collect personal information that you provide directly to us. Personal information includes information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person, which may include, for example, your name, email address, login credentials in combination with a password, phone number, and date of birth. Personal information does not include publicly available information, which is lawfully made available to the general public from federal, state, or local governments. We may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests, and favorites.
- Information Submitted Via Services: You agree that Comfort Covenant Home Care is free to use the content of any communications submitted by you via the Services, including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques, or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose, including developing, manufacturing, and/or marketing goods or Services. We will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted materials or other information to us unless: (1) you grant us permission to do so; (2) we first send notice to you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of a Service will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or (3) we are required to do so by law.
- Protected Health Information: We may collect Protected Health Information (PHI) from you. Protected Health Information includes all “individually identifiable health information” held or transmitted by a covered entity or its business associate in any form or media, whether electronic, paper, or oral. Individually identifiable health information is information, including demographic data, that relates to: the individual’s past, present, or future physical or mental health or condition; the provision of health care to the individual or; the past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care to the individual; and that identifies the individual or for which there is a reasonable basis to believe it can be used to identify the individual. Individually identifiable health information includes common identifiers such as name, address, birth date, and Social Security Number.
- Device-Specific Information: Information about your computer’s hardware and software may be automatically collected by this Website. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and the page you visited before navigating to our Website. This information is used for the operation of the Website, to maintain the quality of the Website, and to provide general statistics regarding the use of this Website.
- Transaction Information: We may collect and store limited payment information from you, such as payment method and payment card information such as account number, credit or debit card number, in combination with any required security code access code, password, or other information that would permit access to a financial account.
- Information About Others: This may include information such as your emergency contacts, caregivers, or any dependents under your care.
- Social Media Information: Information you make available to us on social media platforms (such as by clicking on a social media icon listed on our Website), including your account ID, username, or other information included in your posts.
Tracking Technologies: Our Website may use various technologies to collect information, including “cookies,” “log data,” “web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels.” Comfort Covenant Home Care may place a unique cookie or other tracking technology on your browser. Our cookies collect general information that enhances our ability to serve you, improves your use of our Website, communicates special offers and featured items, and helps us respond to your questions and suggestions. For more information about cookies and other technologies. or how to disable them, please see “Tracking Technologies” and “Your Choices” below.
- Other Information You Choose to Provide: We collect the information you provide when you participate in a survey, promotion, or interactive area of the Website (such as using our messaging features or posting a review) or when you request technical, compliance, or customer support.
- Usage Information: We automatically collect information about your activity on our Website. Information, such as how you interact with the Website while using the Website.
- Mobile Device Information: We automatically collect information about the mobile device you use to access or use our Website, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and information about your use of our Website. With your consent, we may also access and collect information from certain native applications on your device (such as your device’s phonebook applications) to facilitate your use of certain features of the Website. For more information about how you can control the collection of location information and/or our access to other applications on your device, please see “Your Choices” below. Note, however, that we will never share your phone number or email or the phone numbers of third parties in your Contacts with anyone else.
- Log Information: We may collect log information about your use of the Website, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Website.
- Information We Collect from Other Sources: We may receive information about you from other sources, including through Third-Party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. For example, if you access our Services through a Third-Party application, such as an App Store or SNS, we may collect information about you from that Third-Party application that you have made public via your privacy settings. Information we collect through App Stores or SNS accounts may include your name, your SNS user identification number, your SNS username, location, sex, birth date, email, profile picture, and your contacts on the SNS. This supplemental information allows us to verify the information that you have provided to us and to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services. We may also collect information about you when you post content to our pages or feeds on third-party social media sites.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU USE THE SERVICES.
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Use of Information: Our primary goals in collecting Personal Information are to provide and improve our Services, to administer your use of the Services (including your account, if applicable), and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Services. We acquire, hold, use, and Process Personal Information about Individuals for a variety of business purposes, including:
- To Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested: We may use information about you to fulfill requests for Services or information, including information about potential or future Services, including to:
- Generally manage Individual information and accounts;
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services; and
- Contact you to answer requests for customer support or technical support.
- Administrative Purposes: We may use Personal Information about you for administrative purposes, including to:
- Measure interest in our Services;
- Develop new Service offerings;
- Ensure internal quality control;
- Verify Individual identity;
- Communicate about Individual accounts and activities on our Services and systems, and, at our discretion, changes to any Comfort Covenant Home Care policy;
- Send an email to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; or
- Enforce our Terms.
- Marketing Our Services: We may use Personal Information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new Services. We may provide you with these materials by phone or email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include:
- To tailor content, advertisements, and offers;
- To notify you about offers and services that may be of interest to you;
- To provide Services to you;
- For other purposes disclosed at the time that Individuals provide Personal Information; or
- Otherwise with your consent.You may contact us at any time to opt out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, as further described in Section 13 below.
- Research and Development: We may use Personal Information to create non-identifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us to optimally deliver our existing Services or develop new Services. From time to time, we may perform research (online and offline) via surveys. We may engage Third-Party service providers to conduct such surveys on our behalf. All survey responses are voluntary, and the information collected will be used for research and reporting purposes to help us better serve Individuals by learning more about their needs and the quality of the products and services we provide. The survey responses may be utilized to determine the effectiveness of our Services, various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities. If an Individual participates in a survey, the information given will be used along with that of other study participants. We may share anonymous Individual and aggregate data for research and analysis purposes.
- Direct Mail, Email, and Outbound Marketing: Individuals who provide us with Personal Information or whose Personal Information we obtain from Third Parties may receive periodic emails, newsletters, mailings, push notifications, or text messages from us with information on our or our business partners’ products and services or upcoming special offers/events we believe may be of interest.
- Anonymous and Aggregated Information Use: We may use Personal Information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access our Services, or other analyses we create. Anonymized and aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the Services. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and we may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within Comfort Covenant Home Care and with Third Parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
- Other Uses: We may use Personal Information for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- Vendors and Service Providers: We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for (1) provision of IT and related services; (2) provision of information and services you have requested; (3) payment processing; (4) customer service activities; and (5) in connection with the provision of the Services. We have executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing Personal Information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Business Partners: We may share Personal Information with our business partners and affiliates for our and our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. We may also provide Personal Information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear, along with us. We require our affiliates and business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of the Personal Information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which we provided them.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others: We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to (1) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal processes, such as a court order or subpoena; (2) respond to your requests; (3) protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety; (4) to enforce our policies or contracts; (5) to collect amounts owed to us; (6) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (7) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
- Individuals involved in your care: we may share Personal Information with individuals involved in your care, such as parents, guardians, emergency contacts, and other caregivers whom you designate to receive access to your account;
- Breach of Terms; Protection: if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Comfort Covenant Home Care, its affiliated entities, or others;
- Affiliates: we may share your Personal Information between and among Comfort Covenant Home Care and its affiliates, its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- Consent: we may share your Personal Information with your consent or at your direction.
Comfort Covenant Home Care’s Services are not directed to persons under the age of eighteen (18) and does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of thirteen (13) or from persons between the age of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) without appropriate authorization. If you are a parent or guardian of an individual under the age of eighteen (18) and believe your child has disclosed personal information to Comfort Covenant Home Care without your authorization, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under eighteen (18) without verifiable parental consent or proper authorization, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
TESTIMONIALS, REVIEWS, AND CONTESTS
Occasionally, Comfort Covenant Home Care may run sweepstakes and contests. We ask those who enter the sweepstakes or contests to provide contact information (e.g., an e-mail address). If you participate in a sweepstakes or contest, your contact information may be used to reach you about the sweepstakes or contest and for other promotional, marketing, and business purposes. In accordance with the laws of your jurisdiction, as a participant, you will have the opportunity to opt out of any communications that are not related to awarding prizes.
Comfort Covenant Home Care cannot guarantee that the information discussed in testimonials, reviews, during contests, and during sweepstakes will remain private as Comfort Covenant Home Care cannot control or predict the disclosure of your information by others outside of the Website. You should think carefully before sharing any Personal Information or any other information that you intend to keep private.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES, SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS, AND SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT KITS
Our Website may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our Site or other Services. We use Third-Party software development kits (“SDKs”), such as the Facebook SDK, as part of the functionality of our Services (e.g., to suggest friends from Facebook or other platforms for your addition to your app contact list). Third-Party SDKs may allow Third Parties including advertisers to collect your personal information to provide content that is more relevant to you. You may opt out of tracking by accessing the Third Party’s settings on your device and disabling the tracking function for that Third Party or by choosing not to enable such SDKs in the settings for our Services.
These other domains, websites, and services are not controlled by us, and we do not endorse or make any representations about Third-Party websites or social media platforms. We encourage our Users to read the privacy policies of each and every website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen, or approve and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting or connecting to these other websites, services or applications is at your own risk.
Our Services may contain private messaging features, links, and interactive features with various social media platforms (e.g., widgets to suggest friends from Facebook or other platforms to add to your contacts). If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Services. You should be aware that Personal Information that you voluntarily include and transmit online in a chat room, social media platform, or otherwise online or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURITY AND STORAGE
Comfort Covenant Home Care takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We implement and maintain organizational, technical, and administrative security measures designed to safeguard the information we process within our organization against unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, or misuse. These measures are aimed at providing ongoing integrity and confidentiality for your personal information. We evaluate and update these measures on an ongoing basis. Your information is only accessible to personnel who need access to the information to perform their duties. However, while we take precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
We retain your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you, subject to applicable law and regulation. When deciding how long to keep your personal information, we consider our legal and regulatory obligations and internal personal information management policies. For example, we retain records to investigate or defend against potential legal claims or where required by law. Where we retain data, we do so in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by applicable law.
- Safeguards Provided
- Cookies: “Cookies” are small data files that are placed on your device’s hard disk when you access our Services. We may use both session Cookies and persistent Cookies to identify that you’ve logged in to the Services, to better understand how you interact with our Services, to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing on our Services, and to customize and improve our Services. Unlike persistent cookies, session Cookies are deleted when you log off from the Services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept Cookies. If you do not want cookies from Comfort Covenant Home Care or other services, you can change your settings to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the services you visit. However, some Services may not function properly if you disable Cookies.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons: A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon, web bug, or clear GIF) is a tiny graphic with a unique identifier that may be included in our Services for several purposes, including delivering or communicating with Cookies, to track and measure the performance of our Services, to monitor how many visitors view our Services, and to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising. Unlike Cookies, which are stored on the User’s hard drive, pixel tags are typically embedded invisibly on web pages (or in an email).
- Analytics: We may also use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Services and to develop website content. This analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Log Data: Our servers automatically record information (“Log Data”) created by your use of the Services. Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, location, mobile carrier, device and application IDs, the Users with whom you video chat, access date and time spent on features of the Services, and other statistics and Cookie information. We receive Log Data when you interact with our Services, for example, when you visit our websites, sign into our Services, participate in a video chat session, or interact with our email or push notifications. Comfort Covenant Home Care uses Log Data to provide our Services and to measure, customize, and improve them. For instance, Comfort Covenant Home Care may provide you with recommendations based on your use of the Services. Location Information. In addition, if you choose to enable your computer or mobile device to send location information we may collect and store information about your location by converting your IP address into a rough geolocation or by accessing your computer’s or mobile device’s GPS coordinates or course location. We may use and store information about your location, to provide features of our Services, such as providing location-specific filters, and to improve and customize the Services with Content that has been tagged near your location. If you do not want us to collect location information, you may disable that feature on your computer or mobile device.
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
If you would like to opt out of the Technologies we employ on our sites, Services, applications, or tools, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
- YOUR CHOICES
- Comfort Covenant Home Care shall use all reasonable endeavors to give you free access to your personal information in an appropriate scope.
- Account information
You may update, correct, or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account or emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account you may do so via your account; however, please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
You may opt out of having information used for purposes not directly related to Services by emailing a clear notice to firstname.lastname@example.org. By using the Website or Services, you affirmatively consent to receive Comfort Covenant Home Care and its affiliates’ promotional and marketing material. Should you opt out of having information used for purposes directly related to Services, it may prevent you from receiving Services.
- Notice Concerning Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our website for third-party purposes, and that is why we provide the opt-out mechanisms listed above. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals.
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: Effective January 1, 2023, the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) amended The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and affords California residents the following:
- The right to correct inaccurate personal information that a business has about them;
- The right to limit the use and disclosure of sensitive personal information collected about them;
- The right to know about the personal information a business collects about them and how it is used and shared;
- The right to delete personal information collected from them (with some exceptions);
- The right to opt out of the sale or sharing of their personal information; and
- The right to non-discrimination for exercising their CCPA rights.
If you opt out of the sale of your personal information, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you if we may sell your personal information. You have the right to opt-in to the sale of your personal information after you have opted out. If you would like to opt-in to the sale of your personal information, you can email us at email@example.com. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
You may submit a request to access or delete your personal information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Before we approve your request(s), we may ask you to verify certain Personal Information that we have on file. Please note that requests pursuant to the CCPA are limited to non-medical personal information as the CCPA does not apply to health information governed by the Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA).
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent, you or your authorized agent must provide written proof to email@example.com that the agent has a valid power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000-4465 or by submitting a signed, notarized authorization form.
The list below summarizes the categories of personal information categories, as identified by the CCPA that Comfort Covenant Home Care has collected in the last twelve months and the third parties with whom we may share your information for a business purpose as described in the Section above entitled “Sharing of Information.” The sources from which we collect personal information can be found in the Section above entitled “Collection of Information.” For purposes of this Section only, “personal information” has the meaning given in the CCPA but excludes information exempted from the scope of the CCPA, such as health information that is exempt from the CCPA, as noted above.
Business or Commercial Purposes for Which Comfort Covenant Home Care May Have Collected or Sold Personal Information in the preceding twelve (12) Months:
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing Subscriber service, verifying Subscriber information, processing payments, and providing marketing services;
- Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, auditing compliance;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration; and
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
Categories of Sources from Which Comfort Covenant Home Care Has Collected Personal Information About Users:
- From client or customer directly
- Government Entities
- Social networks
Categories of Personal Information Sold:
- Internet or other electronic network activity (e.g., “cookies” or other tracking tags)
- Identifiers (e.g., name, mailing address, email address, phone number, credit/debit card number)
Categories of Third Parties to Whom Personal Information was Sold:
- Affiliate Partners
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, mailing address, email address, phone number, credit/debit card number)
- Commercial information (e.g., Services purchased, Service purchase history)
- Geolocation data (e.g., latitude or longitude)
Categories of third parties to whom Personal Information has been disclosed for a business purpose:
- Internet Service Providers
- Government Entities
- Operating Systems and Platforms
- Social Networks
“Shine the Light” Law (California Civil Code § 1798.83)
California law permits California residents to request certain details about how their information is disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes. We do not share your information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Privacy Rights for California Minors in the Digital World Act
If you are a California resident under the age of eighteen (18) and are a user of the Website, then you may request that we remove the information you posted. Please be aware that applicable state or federal law may prevent Comfort Covenant Home Care from deleting certain categories of information such as health information. Request for removals should include a description of the specific posted information (including information that will allow us to confirm it was created and posted by you) and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do Not Track
Certain web and mobile browsers allow you to send a signal to inform websites that you do not want your online activities tracked. At this time, we do not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals or similar mechanisms.
Do Not Sell
You may opt out of having your information shared. Please note that if you opt-out, Comfort Covenant Home Care will attempt to block further sharing of these identifiers with the third parties we engage by placing a cookie on your browser to automatically prevent the sharing from happening when you visit our website. You will need to submit a separate opt-out of sale request on each device and browser you use to visit our website. After you submit an opt-out of sale request, you may still see advertising regarding our products and services. This advertising may be general audience advertising or may be delivered by service providers in ways that do not involve sales of your personal information.
If you would like to opt-out, please contact us at email@example.com. If you have submitted an opt-out of sale request and would like to opt back in, also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comfort Covenant Home CareAddress: 16165 N. 83rd Ave. Ste. 200, Peoria, AZ 85382